Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Celebrate 50! Scraptastic Store

Today I want to talk about adding that extra something to your layout that makes it just a bit more special. Maybe its sparkle, shine, or a bit of texture without adding bulk. The Scraptastic Store is full of goodies that will take you page to the next level and I want to share some of my favorites with you today. I figured that since it was my 50th birthday photo, I could go a bit over the top with the gold this time.

celebrate 50 600
Supplies: Maggie Holmes - Confetti - Happy Day Paper, Maggie Holmes - Confetti - Surprise Paper, Echo Park - Anything Goes - Journaling Cards Paper, Maggie Holmes - Confetti - Mixed Ephemera,
Pebbles - Cottage Living - Golden Color Shine, Maggie Holmes - Confetti - Music Background Embossing Folder, Becky Higgins - Project Life - Desktop Embossing Folder, Webster's Pages - #Happy - Gold Stars Foiled Vellum, My Mind's Eye - On Trend - Happy Sequins, My Mind's Eye - Fancy That - I Do Sequins, My Mind's Eye - On Trend - Sweet Chipboard Buttons, Bella Blvd - Color Chaos - Ice Enamel Doodads,

The title is a Maggie Holmes Confetti transparency and I cut the "50" from the glittery gold of THIS Confetti Patterned paper. The music pattern was perfect too so I added pieces of it as well.

happy-day-w-gold-glitter
I love the Webster's Pages - #Happy - Gold Stars Foiled Vellum, but it does want to photograph dark instead of gold, trust me, it's a perfect gold foil. I also added Pebbles - Cottage Living - Golden Color Shine for gold splatters. And I just love sequins and enamel dots, have you seen all the colorful star, heart, arrow shaped enamel from Bella Blvd?

Celebrate-50-1

And last but certainly not least, I have to tell you that I LOVE these 2 embossing folders: Maggie Holmes - Confetti - Music Background Embossing Folder, and Becky Higgins - Project Life - Desktop Embossing Folder,. I cut my background into 4" squares and embossed 4 blocks with the star folder and 3 with the music notes folder. White on white can be initimidating to me but I just love this look and I will have to try it again soon.

celebrate-50-2

1 comment:

Gramma Dee said...

Great photo! And the embossing and gold elements make the page really cool!