Thursday, March 05, 2015

Paper Inspiration - Scraptastic Club Store

Where do you find inspiration? I was thinking about this as I worked on my layout because I was totally inspired by one of the papers. I used mostly the Thinking of You paper from the  "Happy Day" collection by Pebbles. This collection has very crisp clear designs in vibrant colors. Its really a great collection to have on hand for just about any photos.

Today Starbucks 600 Supplies: Pebbles - Happy Day - Thinking of you paper, Pebbles - Happy Day - Blooms Paper Pebbles - Happy Day - Garden Walk Paper, Echo Park Paper - Anything Goes - Floating Feathers Paper Pebbles - We Go Together - Be Mine Paper, Pebbles - We Go Together - Heart Confetti, Freckled Fawn - Paper Clips - Retro Star Clips, Freckled Fawn - Paper Clips - Long Arrow Red, Freckled Fawn - Enamel Dew Drops - Classic

This is the Thinking of You paper that inspired my layout. I purchased two sheets because I knew I would want to use the white side with the grid for a background, but of course I wanted to be able to use these wonderful squares and rectangles. I saw the little to go cups and thought of my photos from Epcot and then I decided to do a grid type layout with squares and rectangles using my photos and the elements on this paper.

thinking_of_you_grande

I cut the "let's go" from the "Let's just go" block and layered over flowers cut from papers and the green square block from the paper above. I punched the corrugated Starbucks logo from the coffee sleeve that I kept from my trip. I keep lots of little things from my trips and I am trying harder to incorporate them into my layouts.

Today-Starbucks-1

I printed my journaling on a scrap of vellum from my stash and the trick with printing on vellum and having it dry properly is to use a thinner font and set your printer to plain paper on a medium or draft quality setting so that it doesn't lay down too much ink. It will dry very quickly.

Today-Starbucks-2

I added the heart confetti pieces with foam tape for a little dimension and the red star and arrow clips add just the right amount of dimension and another media type. I hope you will try some of this "Happy Day" collection because it really is one of my favorite new collections

Today-Starbucks-3

No comments: