Sunday, March 02, 2014

My new camera *March Scraptastic Club kit

First I have to say that I LOVE my new camera! Its the smallest lightest DSLR - the Canon SL1. It's got a silent focus and the coolest touch screen ever!  I haven't really learned alot about it yet, but right out of the box it was so great that I haven't had to really try all that hard. I took a photo of it with my old canon and decided it needed to be a layout.

I used the March "It's My Life" kit, add on kit and stamp set from Scraptastic.  This kit is just full of camera and photo themed goodies.


I have added a couple of star sequins in black and attached with a staple.

Look at these super cool "It's My Life" stamps!

 Scraptastic Club's It's My Life Stamp Set


I stamped the meter on a rectangle of vellum and heat embossed with black sparkly embossing powder, then used it under my photo. I also stamped the arrow stamp with the heart circle  on vellum and used the same embossing powder, then cut it out.


 For a nice banner I cut a triangle border strip and then cut fringe up to about 1/8" from the straight edge, this allows you to bend the border easily for a swag shape. After doing this I decided to machine straight stitch along the upper edge but honestly, it would have been much smarter to stitch before cutting the triangles and fringe.


3 comments:

adele holcomb said...

What perfect embellies for this fun LO!

Tamera said...

The fringy banners caught my eye immediately! Love them! Also love the layered title area with all the goodies. Looks like a great camera! I need to move beyond the point and shoot at some point.

Laurie Zeller said...

Fantastic! The layers and details are just delicious!! Never thought to take a photo of my camera, but I love it! I mean, what would we do without our cameras???